Healthcare Industry News: Bristol-Myers Squibb
News Release - March 3, 2009
Bristol-Myers Squibb Announces Organizational Changes; Names Four to Company's Executive CommitteeNEW YORK--(HSMN NewsFeed)--Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE: BMY ) today announced a series of related organizational changes consistent with the company’s transformation to a next-generation BioPharma leader.
- Lamberto Andreotti, Elliott Sigal, and Jean-Marc Huet will join James M. Cornelius, chairman and chief executive officer, on the company’s newly-formed Executive Committee, which will be the company’s senior strategy and decision-making body.
Dr. Sigal, the company’s executive vice president, chief scientific officer and president, Research & Development, oversees the company’s research, discovery, and development functions.
Mr. Huet, today promoted to executive vice president and chief financial officer, will also oversee the areas of strategy and productivity in addition to finance.
“This group will chart the future for Bristol-Myers Squibb,” said Mr. Cornelius. “Our transformation over the past 15 months has been swift and seamless, and we will continue to move forward as a company purely focused on helping patients prevail against serious disease.”
In other changes announced today by Mr. Cornelius,
- Anthony Hooper has been named president, Americas;
- Beatrice Cazala has been named president, Global Commercialization, and president, Europe;
- John Celentano has been named president, Emerging Markets and Asia-Pacific; Carlo De Notaristefani has been named president, Technical Operations and Global Support Functions; and
- Giovanni Caforio has been named senior vice president, Global and U.S. Oncology.
Source: Bristol-Myers Squibb
Issuer of this News Release is solely responsible for its
Please address inquiries directly to the issuing company.