Healthcare Industry News: HSMN NewsFeed
News Release - February 29, 2012
Varian Medical Systems to Exhibit X-Ray Tubes and Flat Panel Detector Technology Enhancements to Improve Digital Imaging at the ECR Annual MeetingSALT LAKE CITY, Feb. 29, 2012 -- (Healthcare Sales & Marketing Network) -- ECR Booth #313/Expo C -- Varian Medical Systems, Inc. (NYSE: VAR ), will exhibit X-ray tubes and PaxScan® digital image detectors for fluoroscopy, angiography, cardiology and cone-beam CT imaging at the European Congress of Radiology (ECR) annual meeting in Vienna, Austria, from March 1- 5, 2012.
"This year our exhibit reflects our dedication to continuous product improvement," said Stephen Kimmel, vice president of Sales and Marketing for Varian X-Ray Products. "We've responded to the industry's need for advanced digital imaging solutions with revolutionary new designs of PaxPower™ X-ray tubes and a new generation of our PaxScan® line of image detectors designed to improve image quality and increase patient throughput."
The products to be highlighted at ECR are:
- PaxScan® 1515DX – a mid-size CBCT and panoramic imaging panel using Varian's new DX technology, a proprietary, state of the art 6th generation architecture, featuring increased frame rates, improved low dose imaging and 16-bit data acquisition. The panel is suitable for use in mini C-arm applications and is also well suited for dental and industrial applications.
- PaxScan® 4336X – a cassette sized flat panel detector designed with low noise electronics, 2.8 second acquisition time, internal shock event recorder and weighing only 3.1kg. The detector has 16-bit data acquisition and is available with or without handles.
- PaxScan® 4343CB - a flat panel detector developed for applications in R&F, surgical, ENT, oncology and orthopedics. The large field of view panel features multiple sensitivity ranges, extended dynamic range modes and a 139 µm pixel size for high quality radiography.
- PaxPower™ FP 2250 - an X-ray tube optimized for high throughput interventional procedures on systems including portable surgical CT. The compact tube platforms were designed with higher heat dissipation which allows for higher patient throughput.
- PaxPower™ M-1500 - Varian's first X-ray tube developed specifically for advanced mammography applications such as tomosynthesis and CT. The M-1500 provides exceptional performance in a space efficient design allowing high quality imaging in the chest wall region.
Varian Medical Systems, Inc., of Palo Alto, California, is the world's leading manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, and brachytherapy. The company supplies informatics software for managing comprehensive cancer clinics, radiotherapy centers and medical oncology practices. Varian is a premier supplier of tubes and digital detectors for X-ray imaging in medical, scientific, and industrial applications and also supplies high-energy X-ray devices for cargo screening and non-destructive testing applications. Varian Medical Systems employs approximately 5,900 people who are located at manufacturing sites in North America, Europe, and China and approximately 70 sales and support offices around the world. For more information, visit http://www.varian.com or follow us on Twitter.
Source: Varian Medical Systems
Issuer of this News Release is solely responsible for its
Please address inquiries directly to the issuing company.
Related News ItemsVarian Exhibiting New HyperArc Technology for High Definition Radiotherapy and Radiosurgery
Varian Medical Systems Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for Nexus DR Digital X-Ray Imaging System
Judy Bruner Appointed to Board of Directors of Varian Medical Systems; Venkatraman Thyagarajan Retires from Varian Board