The Network Bulletin Board 

Welcome to the HSMN Message Boards!
Please refrain from posting offensive messages as well as commercial advertising, solicitation and recruiting - such messages will be deleted by the forum moderators.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: ForumsTopic ListPost New TopicLog In
Stryker VS Zimmer
Posted by: Ryan Mulchay (Host IP Logged)
Date: November 26, 2004 06:21PM

I have been interviewing with both Stryker and Zimmer's orthopedic sales teams. I believe I will have offers from both next week. I will be starting in a JR. Sales role. Any advice on which company offers the best chance for opportunity and professional growth? I was very impressed with both, any advice or input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ryan

Re: Stryker VS Zimmer
Posted by: Gary H. (Host IP Logged)
Date: November 28, 2004 11:51PM

Both companies are excellent and major players. I cannot say which is better, just both excellent.

If you get two offers the deciding factor should be the BETTER OFFER.

Date: November 29, 2004 06:55PM

Thanks for the reply, I agree both are excellent companies. I am not sure if I would benefit from starting out as JR rep with Stryker or jumping straight into a sales associate role with Zimmer who hinted they may just do that. I have no experience in the field... either way I plan on demonstrating excatly why I will be regarded as a top earner real soon.

Thanks again Gary

Date: November 29, 2004 07:38PM

Good Luck!
If you have any further questions or concerns, e-mail me, and I will be happy to discuss.

gtmmedical@comcast.net

Posted by: Ken (Host IP Logged)
Date: March 03, 2005 12:22AM

Ryan, I am interested in knowing what what company you end up working for? Additionally, what area of the country are you interviewing? The reason why I ask is I am currently working in the Pharma industry and I am starting to do my research in the Device industry. How did you get interviews with both Zimmer and Stryker? I want to meet as many people I can in the device industry to pick their brain. Thank you!

Posted by: badabing (Host IP Logged)
Date: April 04, 2005 07:37PM

If you plan on being a top earner you should learn how to spell exactly, obviously you do not pay attention to detail and should start out selling tampons in brooklyn

Date: April 04, 2005 11:11PM

You need to get a LIFE. When someone types fast on a keyboard it is VERY possible to reverse letters. You are unaware of this, since you have your head buried in USED tampons.
Period Paragraph
Don't bother responding !

Date: April 10, 2005 01:13PM

wow! I accepted a job with Stryker,

Next time I'll run spell check first, but it's nice to know you have enough time to do it for me!

Guess your not that busy---

Posted by: Jen (Host IP Logged)
Date: April 11, 2005 04:18AM

Hi Ryan ( or anyone else on this message board)

I'm trying to break into medical devices sales, but I'm not sure about the compensation structure. Is there a basic plus commission? Or just commission. If so, what's the commission rate on products sold?

Posted by: Ryan Mulcahy (Host IP Logged)
Date: April 11, 2005 05:40PM

Hi Jen

I know for me I am starting out Base +, then in all likely hood will move to straight commission(where the real money is) it could be different for every company/position...

feel free to email me with any questions

rmulchay78@hotmail.com

If I don't know the answer I know someone who will....he lurks around the board a bit anyhow...

Posted by: jrp (Host IP Logged)
Date: April 28, 2009 08:00PM

Well, obviously you should learn what a comma splice is. That is just as wrong as the spelling mistake.

Posted by: Vicki Fischer (Host IP Logged)
Date: March 17, 2011 09:11PM

Congrats on the accepted offer!! I have been actively pursuing a career in the Medical Device/Pharma Industries for over 18 months.I have successful B2B Sales/Account Management experience/certifications. What do you think was the deal clincher for you, even though you have no prior Medical Device sales? Any suggestions for me would be appreciated.