Healthcare Industry News:  benign prostatic hyperplasia 

Biopharmaceuticals Urology FDA

 News Release - May 16, 2006

Nymox Reports Positive New Efficacy Data for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Drug

HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, N.J.--(HSMN NewsFeed)--May 16, 2006--Nymox Pharmaceutical Corporation (NASDAQ: NYMX ) is pleased to release today long term efficacy results from the open-label Phase 1-2 testing of NX-1207, the Company's investigational new drug for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). The new data indicates that at 29-34 months after initial treatment, there was highly significant symptomatic improvement. Comparison to a control group showed that NX-1207 efficacy results reached statistical significance. There were no serious safety issues reported in individuals treated with NX-1207.

Patients in the trial of NX-1207 who were available for follow-up were administered AUA Symptom Score evaluations after periods of 29-34 months post treatment. The mean AUA score in patients treated with NX-1207 showed a 6.9 point greater improvement compared to controls. This reached statistical significance and exceeded results from the initial 30 day study of NX-1207 previously reported.

75% of the subjects in the trial were available for followup. Of these, 57% of the subjects treated with NX-1207 required no further treatment for BPH symptoms, and showed a mean improvement of 7.2 points in AUA scores. The remaining group of subjects (43%) received other BPH treatments (other approved available drugs or procedures) after their initial treatment with NX-1207. The latter group showed an initial mean improvement with NX-1207 of 10 points, which was highly significantly greater than their subsequent response to other treatments (mean improvement of 0.3 points).

The AUA BPH symptom score measurement includes data on 1) sensations of incomplete emptying of the bladder; 2) need to urinate frequently; 3) stopping and starting during urination; 4) urgent need to urinate; 5) weakness of urinary stream; 6) need to push or strain during urination; and 7) urination during sleep (nocturia).

BPH afflicts approximately half of men over age 50 and close to 90% of men by age 80. The disorder causes difficulties with urination associated with aging, such as urination at night, urge to void frequently, hesitancy, weak stream, and other problems.

More information about Nymox is available at www.nymox.com, email: info@nymox.com, or 800-936-9669.

This press release contains certain "forward-looking statements" as defined in the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate and the actual results and future events could differ materially from management's current expectations. The conduct of clinical trials and the development of drug products involve substantial risks and uncertainties and actual results may differ materially from expectations. Promising early results do not ensure that later stage or larger scale clinical trials will be successful or will proceed as expected. Such factors are detailed from time to time in Nymox's filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission and other regulatory authorities.


Source: Nymox Pharmaceutical

Issuer of this News Release is solely responsible for its content.
Please address inquiries directly to the issuing company.



FindReps - Find Great Medical Independent Sales Reps without recruiter fees.
FindReps - available on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad.