Healthcare Industry News: ventilator
News Release - November 29, 2006
Teleflex Medical to Introduce Three Innovative Products at Global Respiratory ConferenceBreadth of New Products Testify to Teleflex Medical's Leadership in Respiratory Care
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C.--(HSMN NewsFeed)--Teleflex Medical will introduce three new products to respiratory therapists at the annual International Respiratory Congress of American Association of Respiratory Care (AARC). These products, which are designed to provide versatility and simplicity to clinicians as well as comfort to patients, are a testament to Teleflex Medical's ability to identify clinical needs in the respiratory world and develop innovative technologies to meet those needs.
The products to be introduced to the AARC members are the Comfort Flo(TM) Humidification System, the Gibeck® Humid-Flo(TM) Heat and Moisture Exchanger, and the Hybrid(TM) Universal Interface.
"This is an exciting time for the respiratory professional," said Jeri Eiserman, RRT, a past president of the AARC and director of professional sales and support at Teleflex Medical. "These new products advance the caregiver's quest to optimize and enhance the delivery of respiratory care."
Teleflex Medical's new products are described as follows:
- The Comfort Flo Humidification System is designed to facilitate the comfortable delivery of high-flow respiratory gases. It delivers high-flow, heated, humidified oxygen through a nasal cannula to adult, pediatric, infant and premature patients. High-flow therapy allows spontaneously breathing patients to comfortably receive a wide-range of flows (1-40 LPM) to deter from more invasive and often more expensive therapies.
- The Gibeck Humid-Flo Heat and Moisture Exchanger (HME) allows the HME to remain in-line during medicated aerosol treatments given to the mechanically ventilated patient. The novel design addresses the traditional challenge of breaking the ventilator circuit. The Humid-Flo's ground-breaking design reduces the risk of cross-contamination while still allowing the effective delivery of aerosolized medication.
- The Hybrid Universal Interface is a dual airway mask designed for providing CPAP, pressure support therapy or noninvasive ventilation. The Hybrid's unique design promotes patient comfort by eliminating pressure points on the forehead and across the bridge of the nose. A built-in chin flap gently supports the chin ensuring optimal performance.
The American Association of Respiratory Care (AARC) will hold its international conference December 11 to 14 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Founded in 1947, AARC has 35,000 members nationally, and it is the only professional society for respiratory therapists, managers of respiratory and cardiopulmonary services, and educators who provide respiratory care training.
About Teleflex Medical
Teleflex Medical, a division of Teleflex Incorporated, is a leading global supplier of disposable medical products, surgical instruments and medical devices. The division supports health providers along the continuum of care in three main areas:
- Devices for sleep therapy, respiratory care, anesthesia and urology
- Surgical instruments and related services
- Original equipment manufacturers
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex Incorporated (NYSE:TFX ) is a diversified company with revenues of $2.5 billion in 2005. Teleflex designs, manufactures and distributes quality-engineered products and services for the automotive, medical, aerospace, marine, and industrial markets worldwide. Headquartered in Limerick, Pa., with operations in 24 countries, Teleflex employs more than 20,000 people worldwide who focus on providing innovative solutions for customers. Additional information about Teleflex can be obtained from the company's website at www.teleflex.com.
Statements in this news release, other than historical data, are considered forward-looking statements under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ from those contemplated in the statements. These factors are discussed in the company's Securities and Exchange Commission filings.
Humid-Flo and Comfort Flo are trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated. Beere, KMedic, Pilling and Weck are registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated. HudsonRCI is a registered trademark of Hudson Respiratory Care Inc. Gibeck is a registered trademark of Hudson RCI AB. Deknatel is a registered trademark of Teleflex-CT Devices Incorporated. Rusch is a registered trademark of Willy Rusch GmbH. Hybrid is a trademark of RespCare, Inc.
Source: Teleflex Medical
Issuer of this News Release is solely responsible for its
Please address inquiries directly to the issuing company.