Healthcare Industry News: cardiac imaging
News Release - March 25, 2007
GE Healthcare Re-imagining Cardiology at ACC07Company's focus on "Early Health" Model Showcased
NEW ORLEANS--(HSMN NewsFeed)--Tomorrow's healthcare is here, today. It's at the heart of GE Healthcare's showcase product lineup at the American College of Cardiology (ACC) conference, in New Orleans through Tuesday, March 27.
"ACC represents an excellent opportunity for GE to showcase the innovation we have available to our customers today, in addition to some of the advanced technology we're working on for tomorrow," said Omar Ishrak, President and CEO of Clinical Systems at GE Healthcare.
The technology on display will help enable cardiologists to work efficiently, accurately and ultimately help offer patients confidence in their healthcare decisions. Among the showcase items:
- The LightSpeed VCT, able to capture comprehensive imagery of the heart in as few as five seconds.
- GE's SnapShot Pulse technology, enabling LightSpeed VCT-XT to produce its cardiac images with up to 70% radiation dose reduction.
- Innova IVUS, GE Healthcare's exclusive, custom integration of Volcano's s5i IVUS imaging system with the best-of-class Innova all-digital X-ray cath lab imaging system.
- Vivid i, 400 pounds of ultrasound technology now available in a 10 pound, portable package.
- Centricity Cardiology suite, comprised of three separate but cohesive cardiovascular information solutions.
ABOUT GE HEALTHCARE:
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services that are shaping a new age of patient care. Our expertise in medical imaging and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring systems, performance improvement, drug discovery, and biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies is helping clinicians around the world re-imagine new ways to predict, diagnose, inform, treat and monitor disease, so patients can live their lives to the fullest.
GE Healthcare's broad range of products and services enable healthcare providers to better diagnose and treat cancer, heart disease, neurological diseases and other conditions earlier. Our vision for the future is to enable a new "early health" model of care focused on earlier diagnosis, pre-symptomatic disease detection and disease prevention. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, GE Healthcare is a $17 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE ). Worldwide, GE Healthcare employs more than 46,000 people committed to serving healthcare professionals and their patients in more than 100 countries. For more information about GE Healthcare, visit our website at www.gehealthcare.com.
Source: GE Healthcare
Issuer of this News Release is solely responsible for its
Please address inquiries directly to the issuing company.