Healthcare Industry News: computed tomography
News Release - June 14, 2007
Philips Ships Landmark 3,000th Brilliance CT System and Showcases Continued Innovations to Flagship Line of Scanners and SolutionsTrusted in more than 100 countries around the globe, Philips demonstrates robust applications that help clinicians drive toward clinical excellence
ANDOVER, Mass.--(HSMN NewsFeed)--Royal Philips Electronics (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI) today highlighted the continued enhancement and growth of its Brilliance computed tomography (CT) family of products as the 3,000th system shipped. Philips' range of advanced and intuitive CT technologies are being showcased this week at Stanford University Medical Center's 9th annual International Symposium on Multidetector-Row CT.
"Our commitment to constantly advance and develop innovative technologies for Brilliance CT systems has helped Philips reach this important milestone with the 3,000th Brilliance scanner shipment," said John Steidley, vice president of CT global marketing for Philips Medical Systems. "Philips embraces an ongoing focus on the patient through our comprehensive care cycle solutions, particularly in cardiology and oncology. We are always working to advance our solutions and adapt to the dynamic healthcare environment. The 3,000th shipment is a testament to this commitment and highlights the success in our efforts to address the needs of healthcare professionals around the world."
Since launching the cutting-edge Brilliance CT line three years ago Philips has developed and launched numerous technology solutions to expand capabilities and ease workflow burdens clinicians face.
Breaking traditional barriers to information and providing workflow simplicity through Brilliance Everywhere for Radiology
- Brilliance Everywhere takes the power of CT to a new level of collaboration. The Brilliance Everywhere workspace bolsters ease of use and delivers vital patient information by turning every PC on a hospital network--whether at the hospital, at home or on the road--into a Brilliance Workspace portal.
- The Brilliance Everywhere Solution enables hospitals and health professionals to experience greater manpower efficiencies as well as collaborate in new ways, including preliminary review of CT image reconstruction and sharing of study results with colleagues for improved clinical decision support.
- Philips Step & Shoot low-dose cardiac imaging represents a new scanning mode that provides high-quality images of the coronary arteries and heart anatomy at low dose levels. The Wisconsin Heart Hospital found that the Step & Shoot Cardiac feature delivered an 80-percent dose reduction versus retrospective helical CT angiography techniques.
- Philips Rate Responsive technologies automatically adjust to variations in patient heart rate and rhythm during acquisition and reconstruction, dramatically improving image quality (achieving temporal resolution as low as 53 ms) and workflow.
- Helping hospitals integrate CT directly with interventional cardiovascular procedures, Philips Brilliance CT's Comprehensive Cardiac Analysis (CCA) package uses a 3D CT segmentation of the coronary tree to select and visualize the best 2D C-arm projections for use in planning for percutaneous coronary interventional (PCI) procedures.
- A novel electrophysiology (EP) planning application available on Brilliance systems is paving the way for assessment of the pulmonary vein, left atrial and appendage anatomy enables electrophysiologists to reduce procedure times and radiation exposure by quickly identifying anatomy that may complicate the EP procedure.
- The evaluation of 4D data in the treatment planning and delivery process is of keen interest to clinicians assessing the efficiency of treatment for motile tumor volumes. Philips' Brilliance CT products offer a comprehensive package of respiratory correlated analysis for radiotherapy simulation.
- Brilliance Virtual Colonoscopy package, including a computer-assisted reader and electronic cleansing algorithm, assists physicians in identifying, analyzing and confirming physician-identified intra-colonic elevated tissue regions.
- Philips Pulmonary Toolkit for oncology enables visualization of multiple lung phases, minimizes motion artifacts and improves clinical confidence.
Royal Philips Electronics of the Netherlands (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI) is a global leader in healthcare, lifestyle and technology, delivering products, services and solutions through the brand promise of "sense and simplicity." Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips employs approximately 124,300 employees in more than 60 countries worldwide. With sales of USD 34 billion (EUR 27 billion) in 2006, the company is a market leader in medical diagnostic imaging and patient monitoring systems, energy efficient lighting solutions, personal care and home appliances, as well as consumer electronics. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter.
Source: Royal Philips Electronics
Issuer of this News Release is solely responsible for its
Please address inquiries directly to the issuing company.