Healthcare Industry News: reprocessing
News Release - December 16, 2008
ASP Announces Availability of EVOTECH(TM) Endoscope Cleaner and Reprocessor - First Commercially Available System to Eliminate Manual Cleaning of EndoscopesEVOTECH(TM) System Offers Healthcare Workers Consistent Cleaning and Complete Confidence
IRVINE, Calif., Dec. 16 -- (Healthcare Sales & Marketing Network) -- Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP) is pleased to announce the availability of the EVOTECH(TM) Endoscope Cleaner and Reprocessor, the first commercially available system to eliminate labor-intensive manual cleaning of endoscopes. The results of the EVOTECH(TM) System establish a consistently high standard of automated endoscope cleaning and high-level disinfection that is comparable to professional society guidelines for manual cleaning.
By removing the need to manually clean, the EVOTECH(TM) System eliminates the risk of human variation in endoscope cleaning. In addition, the EVOTECH(TM) System's 33-minute or less reprocessing cycle time provides fast turn-around of instrumentation and enables healthcare workers to spend more time completing patient-related activities.
"With the EVOTECH(TM) System's exceptional automation and technology, you can be confident that endoscopes are reprocessed safely and consistently," said Karen Borg, Worldwide Vice President of Marketing at ASP. "The EVOTECH(TM) System is a trailblazer and one more example of how ASP is continually delivering innovative infection prevention solutions that meet our customers' needs."
The EVOTECH(TM) System features:
- Integrated Minimum Effective Concentration (MEC) monitoring that eliminates the need to handle high-level disinfectant, limiting the chance of staff exposure.
- Automated leak detection at the beginning and end of the cycle, which helps ensure endoscope integrity.
- Built-in alcohol flush that complies with SGNA recommendations to promote drying of endoscopes.
- Single-use high-level disinfection using glutaraldehyde-free CIDEX® OPA Concentrate Solution.
- Dual, independent basins that offer cleaning and reprocessing in 33 minutes or less.
- Convenient hands-free operation.
- Audible alarm can be turned on to alert of cycle completion.
For more information about the EVOTECH(TM) System, please visit www.evotechecr.com or call 1-888-783-7723.
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), division of Ethicon, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company, has a long track record of designing and delivering innovative infection prevention solutions that dramatically raise the level of health and safety for those who matter most. Our pioneering technology, global distribution, and established leadership position enable us to simplify the process of buying and operating infection prevention products and services every day, for thousands of medical facilities around the world. This in turn enables our customers to focus on what they do best - preventing infection and saving lives.
Source: Advanced Sterilization Products
Issuer of this News Release is solely responsible for its
Please address inquiries directly to the issuing company.