Healthcare Industry News: Accuray
News Release - November 23, 2009
CyberKnife Center of Miami Announces New Cancer Patient Treatment EnhancementsMIAMI, Nov. 23 -- (Healthcare Sales & Marketing Network) -- James. G. Schwade, M.D. announces the newly enhanced CyberKnife equipment available for cancer patients at the CyberKnife Center of Miami, (www.cyberknifemiami.com).
The CyberKnife treatment for cancer is a precisely targeted intense dose of radiation that kills cancer cells with no invasive surgical incision. The length of the treatment can last from 30 minutes to one hour, and is usually completed in 1- 5 treatments.
As the first CyberKnife Treatment Center in the Southeastern U.S., the Miami facility has led the way for high tech cutting edge treatment with little to no side effects. Now the open staffed facility offers the following enhancements
- Shorter and faster treatment times due to auto collimator exchange
- Flexibility in treatments due to variable opening collimator (IRIS)
- Separated image transfer functions - less interruptions
- These mean better plans with greater flexibility for physicians
- New planning algorithms & Sequential Optimization, Monte Carlo, provide for greater flexibility for physicians
- Remote access for physicians to log in to review in office
- Only unit in Florida with the "Hevezi Patient Support Pad"
Please visit www.morsecyberknife.com or call 1-800-204-0455, for information on the procedure, contact information, and further details.
Source: CyberKnife Centers of Miami and Palm Beach
Issuer of this News Release is solely responsible for its
Please address inquiries directly to the issuing company.