Healthcare Industry News: blood collection
News Release - July 28, 2010
MediPurpose(R) Launches New babyLance Infant Heel Incision DeviceNORCROSS, Ga., July 28 -- (Healthcare Sales & Marketing Network) -- MediPurpose® today announced the launch of its latest safety medical product, the babyLance™ heel incision device for infants.
A complement to the company's vastly popular line of SurgiLance® safety lancets, babyLance™ is a safe, easy and effective solution for newborn heel incisions.
"We are very excited about this latest addition to our blood collection medical product portfolio," said MediPurpose founder and CEO Patrick Yi. "It's been 10 years since we launched our first product, the SurgiLance® safety lancet, and we are eager about offering this innovative new product to our customers."
The babyLance™ will be available in two models:
- The babyLance™ Newborn (BLN), which delivers an incision depth of 1.00 mm.
- The babyLance™ Preemie (BLP), which delivers an incision depth of 0.85 mm.
The new babyLance™ heel incision device line continues a tradition of thoughtful medical device innovation at MediPurpose. "As with our SurgiLance® safety lancet, the babyLance™ heel incision device was designed with innovative features that provide safety, comfort and ease of use," said MediPurpose Vice President Mark Stoppenbach.
In particular, the babyLance™ heel incision device features:
- Ease of activation: Reduces trigger activation force, thereby significantly reducing the risk of bruising.
- Unique positioning design: Facilitates a stable and accurate placement against the targeted section of the infant's heel while ensuring the procedure can be performed consistently and quickly.
- Compliance with regulatory and quality standards: Manufactured to the same regulatory and quality standards as the SurgiLance® safety lancet, the babyLance™ cutting blade's swift pendulum action makes an incision that complies with the CLSI LA4-A5 established guidelines.
- Cost effectiveness: The babyLance™ heel incision device incorporates unique design characteristics that allow for the most cost-effective manufacturing process.
Founded in 1999, MediPurpose is a leading medical device company headquartered in Singapore, with offices in the United States and Europe.
Known for its popular SurgiLance® safety lancet, MediPurpose has leveraged its success in the medical device industry to become a master medical product distributor that provides unique solutions for both medical product manufacturers and medical product distributors.
MediPurpose's Innovation division offers angel funding and developmental expertise for new medical device inventors and innovative medical product companies that seek entrance into new medical device markets.
For more information about MediPurpose's medical products and solutions for inventors, innovators, manufacturers and distributors, please visit www.medipurpose.com.
Issuer of this News Release is solely responsible for its
Please address inquiries directly to the issuing company.