Healthcare Industry News: Riverain Medical
News Release - November 1, 2010
Riverain Medical Announces New Advisory BoardLuminaries in Radiology, Oncology and Hosptial Administration Selected to Advise on Product Development
DAYTON, Ohio--(Healthcare Sales & Marketing Network)-- Riverain Medical, an industry leader and innovator in computer-aided detection (CAD) and advanced visualization technologies, today announced the establishment of a new Advisory Board. Comprised of leaders in the fields of oncology, radiology, diagnostics and health care administration, the Advisory Board will provide counsel and guidance on product development and improvement, so that Riverain can best address the needs of its customers as it commercializes its portfolio of advanced visualization technologies.
Riverain Medical’s Advisory Board members were selected from across the academic, business and research communities to bring complementary knowledge and expertise to the area of early disease detection. As leaders in their fields, each member can provide unique insight into the commercialization and further enhancement of Riverain Medical’s two products OnGuard® Chest X-ray CAD and SoftView® Enhanced Chest Imaging. The Board will also advise on new products in development.
“We’re excited to collaborate with such a distinguished group of scientific, medical and business leaders who are committed to helping Riverain Medical achieve our goal of developing products that save lives through the early detection of disease,” said Diane Hirakawa, CEO and chairman of Riverain Medical. “Each member will play a key role in the growth of Riverain and its contribution to the rapidly evolving field of diagnostic imaging technology.”
Members of Riverain Medical’s Advisory Board Include:
* Dr. George R. Blumenschein, Jr., Associate Professor of Medicine, Thoracic/head and Neck Medical Oncology at The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
* Dr. Lynn Broderick, Professor, Department of Radiology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
* Dr. Benjamin Edinger, Diagnostic Radiologist at Radiology Imaging Associates, Clinton, Maryland
* Dr. Heber MacMahon, Professor of Radiology and Chief of Thoracic Imaging at The University of Chicago
* Ms. Lynn McVey, Senior Managing Partner of Imaging Fusion, LLC, and past president of AHRA
* Mr. Jeff Palmucci, Partner at Imaging Fusion, LLC, and past president of AHRA
* Dr. Cullen Ruff, Fairfax Radiological Consultants and Assistant Professor of Radiology at Virginia Commonwealth University
* Dr. Cornelia Schaefer-Prokop Associate Professor of Radiology at Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam
* Dr. Charles White, Professor of Radiology and Medicine, Vice Chairman, and Chief of Thoracic Radiology at University of Maryland Medical Center
Riverain Medical is a Dayton, Ohio based medical technology innovator that develops practical solutions to save and improve the quality of people’s lives, through the early detection of disease. The company’s technologies are designed to enhance the expert skills of physicians to improve patient outcomes without additional radiation dose or procedures. For more information please visit: http://www.riverainmedical.com.
Source: Riverain Medical
Issuer of this News Release is solely responsible for its
Please address inquiries directly to the issuing company.