Healthcare Industry News: pulse oximeter
News Release - December 9, 2010
Cardiac Science Introduces the Next Generation of Burdick ECG DevicesThe Burdick ECG 8000 Series is feature-rich, easier to use, and EMR ready
BOTHELL, Wash., Dec. 9, 2010 – (Healthcare Sales & Marketing Network) - Cardiac Science Corporation, a global leader in automated external defibrillator (AED) and diagnostic cardiac monitoring devices, today adds two electrocardiographs (ECGs) under its Burdick brand, known for its accuracy, reliability, and ease of use. The ECGs, available only in the U.S., deliver built-in, bi-directional communication so customers can connect to leading EMRs.
The Burdick 8500 ECG features a friendly user interface, multi-angle 7-inch widescreen, adjustable protocol settings, and color display to make reading the continuous waveform data easy. With the Burdick 8500 ECG, customers can:
- View continuous 3-, 6-, and 12-leads of data on the color display.
- Adjust the unique 7-inch adjustable widescreen color display for contrast and viewability.
- Store up to 300 digital ECG records; enjoy on-screen QuickTips.
- Reduce typing mistakes and save time by downloading patient information from your electronic medical record (EMR/HIS) system.
- Eliminate the hassle of scanning and filing.
- Enjoy an industry-leading, four-year warranty and service program for worry-free usage.
Both ECG devices clean the ECG waveform before it is measured and analyzed by the Glasgow Royal Infirmary (GRI) algorithm. With more than 30 years of continuous refinement, the GRI algorithm is the first and only to consider five clinically significant variables – including gender, age, race, medication, and classification – to interpret patient data.
Six Product Introductions in 2010
Cardiac Science introduced six new cardiac monitoring products (available only in the U.S.) in 2010. Information is available on the cardiacscience.com website.
- The Burdick ECG 8500;
- The Burdick ECG 8300;
- The CareCenter MD diagnostic workstation, multimodality PC-based wireless diagnostic workstation with both PC ECG and PC stress test modalities;
- The Quinton 9500 cardiac stress system, a unique wall-mounted cardiac stress system with wireless capabilities between patient and workstation;
- The Quinton 9550 cardiac stress system, similar to the 9500, in a convenient mobile cart with ample storage space; and,
- The Microvolt T-Wave Alternans for Quinton Q-Stress, creating the most comprehensive, reimbursable cardiac-risk profiling system in the industry.
Cardiac Science, a wholly owned subsidiary of Opto Circuits (India) Ltd., develops, manufactures, and markets a family of advanced diagnostic and therapeutic cardiology devices and systems, including automated external defibrillators (AED), electrocardiograph devices (ECG/EKG), cardiac stress treadmill and systems, PC-based diagnostic workstations, Holter monitoring systems, hospital defibrillators, vital signs monitors, cardiac rehabilitation telemetry systems, and cardiology data management systems (informatics) that connect with hospital information (HIS), electronic medical record (EMR), and other information systems. The company sells a variety of related products and consumables and provides a portfolio of training, maintenance, and support services. Cardiac Science, the successor to the cardiac businesses that established the trusted Burdick®, HeartCentrix®, Powerheart®, and Quinton® brands, is headquartered in Bothell, Washington. With customers in almost 100 countries worldwide, the company has operations in North America, Europe, and Asia. For information, call 425.402.2000 or visit http://www.cardiacscience.com.
For updates and information on worldwide defibrillation and cardiac monitoring, find us on the Cardiac Science blog at http://www.cardiacscience.com/blog, Twitter at http://twitter.com/cardiacscience, Facebook at http://budurl.com/CSonFB, and YouTube at http://budurl.com/CSonYT.
For more information, contact (media) Christopher Gale at EVC Group, +1.646.201.5431.
About Opto Circuits (India) Ltd.
Opto Circuits (India) Ltd. (OCI) (BSE Code: 532391; NSE Symbol: OPTOCIRCUI), headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India, is a multi-national corporation in the business of design, development, manufacturing, and marketing of noninvasive healthcare equipment and invasive vascular products. The product profile includes patient monitoring systems, anesthesia, and respiratory care equipment, pulse oximeters, sensors, stents, catheters, and balloons. The company's key markets are in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. OCI was ranked as one amongst 200 "Best under a Billion" companies in Asia-Pacific by Forbes Asia in 2009 and 2008. For further details, please go to www.optoindia.com.
Source: Cardiac Science
Issuer of this News Release is solely responsible for its
Please address inquiries directly to the issuing company.