Healthcare Industry News: Cryolipolysis
News Release - February 28, 2011
ZELTIQ(TM) Starts 2011 by Strengthening Management TeamCompany Expected to Expand Its Staff 50% by End of Year
PLEASANTON, Calif.--(Healthcare Sales & Marketing Network)-- ZELTIQ, a global medical device company that developed its patented, non-invasive, and clinically proven CoolSculpting™ procedure to selectively reduce exercise-resistant fat bulges, announced several key promotions and three new executive hires.
"By growing and developing our executive management team, we are setting the stage for the tremendous expansion expected this year," said Gordie Nye, President and Chief Executive Officer of ZELTIQ. “Our organization is a terrific blend of aesthetic category expertise and business-building skill sets; we are deeply committed to making CoolSculpting a global brand, the likes of which our category has not seen before.”
The newest member of the executive management team is Dennis Jarvis, who joins ZELTIQ as the Chief Marketing Officer. Jarvis brings to the company a rare combination of both medical device and consumer marketing. Most recently, Jarvis served as Vice President of Marketing at Ophthonix, a venture-backed vision correction company that delivers a unique system for non-surgical customized vision correction. Prior to that, Jarvis served in top marketing positions at VISTAKON (a Division of Johnson & Johnson), NBC Universal, Reebok and Gillette. Jarvis earned his Ph.D. and Masters of Arts in Communications from Southern Illinois University and his B.S. from The College at Brockport, State University of New York. He also taught Marketing Management in the M.B.A program at Simmons College in Boston.
Anita Ruka has the joined the Company as Executive Director, Organizational Development and Human Resources. Ruka has more than 20 years of experience leading the Human Resource functions at several companies including eBioScience, Inc., Greer Laboratories, Critikon and “A” Company Orthodontics. She earned a B.S.B.A. from Phoenix University and is currently pursuing an M.B.A. “Anita, with whom I have worked twice before, is a master at organizational development. Her skill set is a perfect fit for our growing, evolving team,” said Nye.
Steve Watson has joined ZELTIQ as the Director of STEP (Sales Training and Enhancement of Practices), with more than 20 years of Sales Education, Training and Development. “Steve is the best Sales Training executive in the healthcare industry,” said Nye. “We are delighted to turn Steve loose on our sales organization globally to develop and share ‘best practices’ both clinically and in practice marketing techniques.” Prior to ZELTIQ, Watson served as Director of Sales Education and Commercial Operations with GE Healthcare in its Maternal Infant Care division. He has also held various senior executive positions with Misys Healthcare, Critikon LLC and Johnson & Johnson.
Internally, ZELTIQ is recognizing its team’s hard work and dedication by promoting six key managers who have helped drive the success of the company over the past year.
* John Howe has been named Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. This promotion recognizes his extraordinary influence on the performance of the business and 30 years of financial and operational experience within the medical device industry. Prior to joining ZELTIQ as Chief Financial Officer, Howe served as President and Chief Executive Officer for Sanarus Medical, Inc. Previously, Howe served as the Chief Financial Officer for Eunoe, Inc., a company focused on developing a shunting device for treating Alzheimer's disease. Howe received his B.S. in Finance, with honors, from San Diego State University.
* Tim Holt is now Vice President of Sales Operations and has 11 years of experience building cutting-edge customer-facing service teams in Customer Care, Sales Support, and Technical Service. Holt previously held the position of Director, Worldwide Customer Service and Sales Operations, with the company. Before working at ZELTIQ, he was Director of Customer Service at Reliant Technologies and Director of Operations at GCI. He holds a B.B.A. in Marketing from Ohio University and an M.B.A. in Management from Campbell University.
* Carl Lamm was promoted to Senior Director, Supply Chain, from Director of Materials and will be overseeing both contract manufacturers as well as internal ZELTIQ manufacturing. With 25 years of experience behind him, Lamm had the vision and expertise to identify, qualify, and direct ZELTIQ’s global outsourcing initiative. ZELTIQ maintained a perfect on-time delivery record in 2010, despite the challenges presented during its year of exponential sales growth. Previously he was Director of Logistics and Materials at Depuy Orthopaedic Technology and also served as Operations Manager at Varian and Manufacturing Manager at Thoratec Corporation. Lamm holds a B.A. in Economics from the University of Washington and an M.B.A. from Saint Mary’s College.
* Josh Brumm has been named Senior Managing Director, International Sales and Corporate Development. Brumm was the architect of the Company’s CoolSculpting distributor network which operates in 27 international markets. Brumm has over seven years of experience in healthcare with a strong focus on biotechnology and medical technology. He first joined ZELTIQ as Director, Corporate Development and Strategy. Previously, Brumm was the Director of Finance at Proteolix, Inc. (acquired by Onyx Pharmaceuticals) and has served as a Healthcare Investment Banker with both Citibank Global Markets and Morgan Stanley. Brumm holds a B.B.A. from the University of Notre Dame and graduated Summa Cum Laude.
* Daniel van Huyssteen assumes the position of Director of Worldwide Technical Services and brings over 12 years technical service experience, with eight of those years in the medical device industry. Before joining ZELTIQ as Manager of Technical Services, he was with Reliant Technologies Inc. as the Manager of Technical Services and also worked at Cape Consulting, LLC, serving as the Owner and Technical Services Consultant. van Huyssteen holds a Bachelors Degree in Commerce and Financial Economics from the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Port Elizabeth – South Africa (formerly known as the University of Port Elizabeth).
* Louis-Pierre Marcoux is being promoted to the position of Director of Regulatory Affairs and brings 10 years of experience to the company in regulatory affairs, clinical affairs and quality assurance. Prior to joining ZELTIQ as Regulatory Affairs Manager, he served as the Clinical and Regulatory Affairs Manager for Coapt Systems and also worked as the Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance Manager for Stryker’s Endoscopy Division. Marcoux holds a B.S. in International Business, with a minor in Economics from Cal Poly.
"Dennis, Steve, and Anita are wonderful additions to ZELTIQ’s leadership team. And each executive promotion was richly deserved. All of ZELTIQ Nation looks forward to the opportunities ahead in 2011, and we feel that we have the chemistry and horsepower to succeed," concluded Nye.
Founded in 2005, ZELTIQ™ is a global medical device company that developed its patented, non-invasive, and clinically proven CoolSculpting™ procedure to selectively reduce exercise-resistant fat bulges. The initial Cryolipolysis™ research and patents were originated at the Wellman Center for Photomedicine at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, a teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School, by Dr. Dieter Manstein and Dr. R. Rox Anderson. ZELTIQ has exclusive rights to this innovative, “cool” approach to permanently removing fat. CoolSculpting™ is cleared in the United States, Canada, the European Union, and other international markets for non-invasive fat layer reduction. Physicians and patients are encouraged to visit www.coolsculpting.com to receive additional information and announcements about ZELTIQ.
Issuer of this News Release is solely responsible for its
Please address inquiries directly to the issuing company.