Healthcare Industry News: computed tomography
News Release - March 2, 2011
iCAD Features Image Analysis Solutions for Breast, Prostate and Colon Cancer Detection at the ECR 2011NASHUA, N.H.--(Healthcare Sales & Marketing Network)-- iCAD, Inc. (Nasdaq:ICAD ), an industry-leading provider of advanced image analysis, workflow solutions and radiation therapies for the early identification and treatment of cancer, announces its featured products at the European Society of Radiology’s (ECR) annual meeting being held in Vienna, Austria from March 3 – 7, 2011.
“As the diagnostic imaging market continues to rebound in the U.S. and Europe, iCAD is continuing to work with leading radiologists and healthcare advocates to introduce breakthrough image analysis and computer-aided detection technologies that can help in the earlier detection of cancer,” said Ken Ferry, President and CEO of iCAD. “We are excited to attend ECR and demonstrate solutions we expect will help change the diagnostic paradigm for breast, prostate and colon cancers.”
Important scientific posters discussing the use of computer-aided detection (CAD) for virtual colonoscopy (CTC), iCAD’s VeraLook™, will be part of the educational exhibits as electronic poster presentations. These include:
- Software Accuracy,” by Dr. Abraham Dachman, Professor of Radiology and Director of Fellowship Programs at the University of Chicago.
- Poster C-2336 titled, “Optimizing Time-efficient Use of Computer-aided Detection in Computed Tomographic Colonography (Virtual Colonoscopy),” by Dr. Abraham Dachman.
- SecondLook® Premier*, the latest SecondLook Digital CAD solution from iCAD has been designed and developed using a 100 percent digital image database providing improved digital CAD performance. SecondLook Premier provides superior detection and includes clinical decision support tools such as CAD Metrics and CAD iNSIGHT to provide breast imagers with the most robust CAD solution available. The new SecondLook Premier solution offers reverse compatibility for existing GE and Siemens SecondLook digital installations.
- SecondLook® Digital Multi Vendor Solution (MVS) from iCAD allows hospitals and imaging facilities to process cases from digital mammography systems manufactured by GE, Siemens, Agfa, Planmed, Giotto, Sectra, Fuji, and Philips using a single server for multiple vendor input devices (up to four connections per server), eliminating the need to purchase a separate server for each manufacturer’s digital mammography system.
iCAD will be displaying its new MRI product suite – VividLook®, SpectraLook®, OmniLook™, PrecisionPoint® and VersaVue™ Enterprise, offering a comprehensive quantitative image analysis suite for cancer detection, localization, staging, treatment planning and serial monitoring.
- VividLook DCE MRI prostate analysis solution utilizes all available time points® (ATP), creating colorized images based on signal changes defined by tumor physiology, helping radiologists distinguish benign from malignant lesions.
- SpectraLook DCE MRI breast analysis solution is designed to assist radiologists in distinguishing potential cancers in the breast as part of their overall analysis of the MRI data. It provides radiologists with more diagnostic information by creating colorized images based on direct signal changes due to contrast agent influx and efflux rates using key physiological measures that relate to tumor physiology.
- OmniLook, a complementary software module to iCAD’s existing breast MRI (SpectraLook) and prostate MRI (VividLook) solutions, applies advanced image analysis using a pharmacokinetic model for tumor assessment in other organs, such as the liver, kidney and brain where dynamic contrast imaging may provide additional clinical insight.
- PrecisionPoint, iCAD’s interventional planning solution for breast MRI, provides radiologists with an automatic calculation of the location and depth of a targeted region of interest making biopsies easier, faster, and more reliable. Using VersaVue Enterprise, iCAD’s MRI review software solution and PrecisionPoint, radiologists have a quick, easy way to secure all the necessary data for an interventional procedure, streamlining their planning and performance of MRI-guided percutaneous breast biopsies.
- VeraLook™ is the first FDA cleared computer-aided detection (CAD) solution for virtual colonoscopy (CTC) designed to enhance clinician accuracy and effectiveness by improving their detection of colonic polyps. CAD for virtual colonoscopy has been shown to be effective in the detection of colonic polyps and to have a positive effect on reader sensitivity. VeraLook will be demonstrated on the Viatronix V3D and the TeraRecon AQI workstations.
*Investigational Device. Limited by Federal Law to Investigational Use Only. Available Outside US.
About iCAD, Inc.
iCAD, Inc. is an industry-leading provider of advanced image analysis and workflow solutions that enable healthcare professionals to better serve patients by identifying pathologies and pinpointing the most prevalent cancers earlier. iCAD offers a comprehensive range of high-performance, upgradeable Computer-Aided Detection (CAD) systems and workflow solutions for mammography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and computed tomography (CT). iCAD recently acquired Xoft, Inc., developer of the Axxent® eBx™ electronic brachytherapy system (eBx). Axxent uses non-radioactive miniaturized X-ray tube technology and is FDA-cleared for treatment of early stage breast cancer, skin cancer and endometrial cancer. The Axxent System is also cleared for use in the treatment of other cancers or conditions where radiation therapy is indicated including Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (IORT). For more information, call (877) iCADnow or visit www.icadmed.com.
**NOTE TO EDITORS, IMAGES AVAILABLE
"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995:
Certain statements contained in this News Release constitute “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve a number of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of the Company to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors include, but are not limited to, the risks of uncertainty of patent protection, the impact of supply and manufacturing constraints or difficulties, product market acceptance, possible technological obsolescence, increased competition, customer concentration and other risks detailed in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The words “believe”, “demonstrate”, “intend”, “expect”, “estimate”, “anticipate”, “likely”, and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on those forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date the statement was made. The Company is under no obligation to provide any updates to any information contained in this release.
Issuer of this News Release is solely responsible for its
Please address inquiries directly to the issuing company.