Healthcare Industry News: Pulse Oximeter
News Release - May 3, 2011
Nonin Medical Launches Low Power Xpod(R), Model 3012LP, OEM Pulse Oximeter GloballyDevice's lower power draw, broader voltage range help OEM customers develop even smaller, lighter, more portable medical monitoring devices
MINNEAPOLIS, May 3, 2011 -- (Healthcare Sales & Marketing Network) -- Nonin Medical, Inc., the inventor of the world's first low-power Pulse Oximeter for OEM and a leader in noninvasive physiological monitoring, announced the worldwide launch of its low power Xpod®, Model 3012LP, OEM Pulse Oximeter for medical monitoring manufacturers.
"Nonin Medical is pleased that our new low-power, externally wired Pulse Oximeter will provide a new level of versatility to help our OEM customers develop even smaller, lighter, and more portable medical monitoring systems," said Kevin McGowan, Vice President-Sales, Nonin Medical. "The Xpod®, Model 3012LP consumes half of the power of our first-generation Xpod, while delivering the accuracy, reliability and ease of integration that OEM customers have come to expect from Nonin. The new Xpod, Model 3012LP also features a low noise voltage regulator designed to reduce noise coming from the power supply and ensure high performance and accurate readings, even in challenging conditions."
Nonin Medical's Xpod family provides an easy way to add pulse oximetry as an optional parameter to medical monitoring device manufacturers' new or existing medical devices. The Xpod saves space inside the monitor by attaching the oximeter externally—enabling medical device manufacturers to choose a sensor for any patient application.
The Xpod, Model 3012LP interfaces with Nonin's PureLight® disposable and reusable sensors and offers multiple data formats to meet the varied needs of customers' OEM oximetry applications.
Key product enhancements include:
* Lower Power Draw: From hospital telemetry, to portable sleep recording devices, to portable ventilation, the new Xpod, Model 3012LP draws about 50 percent less power than Nonin's original Xpod, Model 3012
* Expanded Input Voltage Range: The new Xpod 3012LP is capable of operating with broader voltage range of 1 to 5.5V, making it ideal for today's portable and battery operated devices
* Early Compliance to New Lead-Free Standard: Completely compliant with ROHS standards
* Enhanced Safety Design: Meets IP33 water ingress standards
* High Resolution PPG Pulse Waveform: Features a high resolution pulse waveform, ideal for PPG signal analysis applications
* Selectable Data Formats: Expanded data formats can be selected by an external resistor or software command; the host device simply chooses the desired data format to meet product needs
* New Mini-12 Standard Connector Offering: To save developers time, Nonin has done the engineering work and now offers a reliable, low-profile, cost-effective standard connector
About Nonin Medical, Inc.
Nonin Medical, Inc. is the inventor of finger pulse oximetry. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minn., USA, with an additional service center in Hudiksvall, Sweden, Nonin Medical designs and manufactures noninvasive Pulse Oximeters, regional oximeters, capnographs, sensors, software and accessories. The company distributes its products to health professionals and consumers in more than 125 countries and has more than 100 OEM partners worldwide.
As a founding member of the Continua Alliance® and a Bluetooth® SIG CES Award winner, Nonin Medical is dedicated to developing low power, interoperable technology to reduce healthcare costs and improve quality of life. Since certifying the world's first Continua™-Certified product in 2009, the company continues to lead the industry in simplifying the exchange of healthcare information while driving global connectivity standards and adding interoperable solutions across its product line. For more information, visit www.nonin.com/oemsolutions/xpod.
Source: Nonin Medical
Issuer of this News Release is solely responsible for its
Please address inquiries directly to the issuing company.