Healthcare Industry News: drug-eluting stent
News Release - October 17, 2013
Medtronic to Unveil CoreValve U.S. Pivotal Trial Results at TCT 2013Late Breaking Clinical Trial Features the First U.S. Data of Novel Self-Expanding Transcatheter Valve at Premier Interventional Cardiology Meeting
Other Late-Breakers Feature New Clinical Data on Endeavor and Resolute drug-eluting stents; Three Year Results of Symplicity HTN-2 Study to be Presented
MINNEAPOLIS -- Oct. 17, 2013 -- (Healthcare Sales & Marketing Network) -- Medtronic, Inc. (MDT) today announced its schedule of notable sessions that will be presented at the 25th Annual Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) Symposium in San Francisco, including the highly-anticipated clinical outcomes from the Extreme Risk Study of the CoreValve U.S. Pivotal Trial.
The CoreValve Pivotal Trial presentation will kick-off the annual medical meeting`s late-breaking clinical trials sessions this year, on the morning of Tuesday, Oct. 29.
"Unveiling the CoreValve U.S. Pivotal Trial data for the first time is a significant milestone as we work toward bringing more therapy options to patients in the U.S.," said John Liddicoat, M.D., senior vice president, Medtronic, and president of the Medtronic Structural Heart Business at Medtronic. "This study will provide vital information for physicians and their U.S. patients, many of whom have had no good option for treating their aortic stenosis."
Thursday`s late-breaking clinical trials session includes two presentations involving Medtronic drug-eluting stents:
- Conducted in Brazil, the OPTIMIZE study compared one-year outcomes in patients who received the Endeavor drug-eluting stent (DES) and stayed on dual antiplatelet therapy (DAPT) for either three or 12 months. It is the largest prospective randomized controlled trial (RCT) to examine DAPT discontinuation at three months after implantation of any DES.
- Conducted in the Netherlands, the DUTCH PEERS study compared one-year outcomes in patients who received either the Resolute Integrity DES or the Promus Element DES from Boston Scientific. It is the first prospective RCT of "third-generation" drug-eluting stents.
The following presentations related to Medtronic therapies appear in chronological order in U.S. Pacific Daylight Time:
Tuesday 29 October
9:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. / TCT Press Conference for journalists with press credentials presented by the Cardiovascular Research Foundation (CRF)
Location: Moscone South, Room 300
- 9:10 a.m. / CoreValve Extreme Risk: A Prospective Study of Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement with a Self-Expanding Transcatheter Heart Valve in Patients with Severe Aortic Stenosis
Location: Main Arena
- 11:05 a.m. / CoreValve Extreme Risk: A Prospective Study of Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement with a Self-Expanding Transcatheter Heart Valve in Patients with Severe Aortic Stenosis
1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. / Special Sessions
Location: Moscone North, Lower Level, Room 131
- CoreValve US Pivotal Extreme Risk Study: Overview and In-Depth Analyses
Location: Moscone West, 3rd Floor, Room 3022
- 1:00 p.m. / 3-Year HTN-2 Results
- An update on the Medtronic Catheter Based Therapies business (this event is not part of the official TCT Annual Scientific Sessions)
9:30 a.m. - 10:40 a.m. / Plenary Session XVI. Late Breaking Clinical Trials III
Location: Main Arena
- 9:30 a.m. / Featured Trial of the Day: OPTIMIZE: A Prospective, Randomized Trial of Three Months vs. 12 Months of Dual Antiplatelet Therapy After PCI
- 10:20 a.m. / DUTCH PEERS (TWENTE II): A Prospective, Randomized, "All-Comers" Trial of Zotarolimus-Eluting Stents vs. Everolimus-Eluting Coronary Stents
TCT Analyst and Investor Briefing
Medtronic will host a webcast to provide an update on its Catheter Based Therapies business during the Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) Conference on Tuesday, Oct. 29, 2013, in San Francisco beginning at 4:00 p.m. PDT. The webcast will feature remarks from Medtronic management, including a review of the results from the Extreme Risk study of its CoreValve U.S. Pivotal Trial. A live audio webcast of the presentation will be available on Oct. 29, 2013, by clicking on the Investors link on the Medtronic home page at http://www.medtronic.com. Within 24 hours of the webcast, a replay will be available under the Events and Presentations page in the Investors section of the Medtronic website. This event is not part of the official TCT Annual Scientific Session.
In collaboration with leading clinicians, researchers and scientists worldwide, Medtronic offers the broadest range of innovative medical technology for the interventional and surgical treatment of cardiovascular disease and cardiac arrhythmias. The company strives to offer products and services that deliver clinical and economic value to healthcare consumers and providers around the world.
Medtronic, Inc. (www.medtronic.com), headquartered in Minneapolis, is the global leader in medical technology - alleviating pain, restoring health and extending life for millions of people around the world.
Any forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties such as those described in Medtronic`s periodic reports on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results.
Issuer of this News Release is solely responsible for its
Please address inquiries directly to the issuing company.