Healthcare Industry News: vascular access
News Release - July 19, 2016
Access Scientific Debuts POWERWAND XL Midline CatheterSAN DIEGO, July 19, 2016 -- (Healthcare Sales & Marketing Network) -- Access Scientific has introduced the POWERWAND(TM) XL, a companion to the POWERWAND ALL-IN-ONE. The new POWERWAND XL is designed specifically for clinicians who prefer to use a component-based, over-wire insertion technique similar to the Modified Seldinger Technique (MST) they currently use. The XL technique feels similar to the MST but has these distinct advantages:
- Improves clinical outcomes through atraumatic catheter insertion
- Designed to reduce risk of deep-vein thrombosis by up to 500%; no trimming of catheter necessary
- Reduces risk of back leaking; no peel-away sheath
- Guidewire extends fully so the catheter does not drag across the intima of the vessel
- Faster and safer because of fewer steps (see table below).
The ALL-IN-ONE is inserted with the Accelerated Seldinger Technique (AST), which also improves on the MST in speed, number of steps, and safety (see table below). Both ALL-IN-ONE and XL deliver the evidence based, best in class midline:
- Size: 4Fr and 5Fr
- Length: 8 and 10cm
- Infection Prevention: ZERO BSIs over 12,000 catheter-days
- High Flow: Capable of delivering large volumes rapidly, 130-180 ml/min
- Power Injectable: 325psi / 8ml per second
- Blood Drawable: Allows for blood draws in most patients, 60 -- 99%
- Patient Satisfaction: Provides patients with one stick hospitalization
About Access Scientific, LLC
Access Scientific is dedicated to the development and commercialization of breakthrough, proprietary devices that make vascular access safer for patients and reduce the cost of care. The company pioneered the power-injectable midline market with the POWERWAND(TM). Made of proprietary ChronoFlex(TM) C, the POWERWAND midline has been the proven, evidence based, best-in-class, with over 12,000 catheter-days of published scientific data attesting to the lowest complication rate and highest completion-of-therapy rate of any vascular access device ever studied. The POWERWAND offers a unique approach to reducing hospital-acquired infections.
Source: Access Scientific
Issuer of this News Release is solely responsible for its
Please address inquiries directly to the issuing company.