Healthcare Industry News: Mylan
News Release - August 2, 2016
Meda Shareholders Representing Approximately 94% of Meda Shares Accept Mylan OfferHERTFORDSHIRE, England and PITTSBURGH, Aug. 2, 2016 -- (Healthcare Sales & Marketing Network) -- The Offer is not being made, and this press release may not be distributed, directly or indirectly, in or into, nor will any tender of shares be accepted from or on behalf of holders in, Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Canada, New Zealand or South Africa, or any other jurisdiction in which the making of the Offer, the distribution of this press release or the acceptance of any tender of shares would contravene applicable laws or regulations or require further offer documents, filings or other measures in addition to those required under Swedish law (including the Takeover Rules), Dutch law, United Kingdom law, Danish law, Irish law and U.S. law.
Mylan N.V. (NASDAQ, TASE: MYL) today announced that its recommended public offer to the shareholders of Meda Aktiebolag (publ.) to tender all their shares in Meda to Mylan (the "Offer") has been accepted by shareholders holding an aggregate of 342,578,694 shares, corresponding to approximately 94% of the total number of outstanding shares and votes in Meda, as of July 29, 2016. As all conditions to the Offer have been fulfilled, including the condition with respect to the 90% acceptance level, Mylan has declared the Offer unconditional and will complete the Offer. Settlement in respect of the Meda shares duly tendered by July 29, 2016 is expected to occur on or around Aug. 5, 2016. The Offer was initially announced on Feb. 10, 2016. The acceptance period expired on July 29, 2016 and will not be extended.
Upon settlement of the Offer, Meda will become a controlled subsidiary of Mylan. Mylan intends to initiate compulsory acquisition proceedings for the remaining shares in Meda in accordance with the Swedish Companies Act (Sw. aktiebolagslagen (2005:551)) and Mylan is acting to have the Meda shares delisted from Nasdaq Stockholm.
The volume-weighted average sale price per Mylan ordinary share on the NASDAQ Global Select Stock Market for the 20 consecutive trading days ending on and including July 29, 2016, the second trading day prior to the Offer being declared unconditional today (the "Offeror Average Closing Price") was USD 45.34. Accordingly, pursuant to the terms of the Offer, given that the Offeror Average Closing Price was greater than USD 30.78 and less than or equal to USD 50.74, each Meda shareholder that duly tendered Meda shares into the Offer will receive at settlement (1) in respect of 80% of the number of Meda shares tendered by such shareholder, SEK 165 in cash per Meda share, and (2) in respect of the remaining 20% of the number of Meda shares tendered by such shareholder, 0.386 Mylan ordinary shares per Meda share (subject to treatment of fractional shares as described in the Offer Document (as defined below)).
Mylan does not have any prior holdings in Meda and has not acquired any shares in Meda outside of the Offer.
An offer document regarding the Offer (the "Offer Document") and the prospectus issued in connection with the Offer (the "EU Prospectus") were each made public on June 16, 2016 and, on July 21, 2016, Mylan published supplements to each of the Offer Document and the EU Prospectus (the "Supplements"). Mylan has also filed a Registration Statement on Form S-4 (the "Registration Statement") which was declared effective on June 16, 2016.
Issuer of this News Release is solely responsible for its
Please address inquiries directly to the issuing company.
Related News ItemsMylan and Upjohn, a Division of Pfizer, to Combine, Creating a New Champion for Global Health Uniquely Positioned to Fulfill the World's Need for Medicine
Statement from Mylan's Board of Directors Regarding Retirement of CEO and Board Member Heather Bresch in Conjunction with the Combination of Mylan and Upjohn, a Division of Pfizer