Healthcare Industry News: Radixact System
News Release - July 11, 2017
Neuro Spinal Hospital in Dubai to Acquire Accuray CyberKnife(R) and Radixact(TM) SystemsLeading Hospital will be the First in the Middle East to Offer Patients Precise Treatments with the Latest Generations of Both Systems
SUNNYVALE, Calif., July 11, 2017 -- (Healthcare Sales & Marketing Network) -- Accuray Incorporated (NASDAQ: ARAY) announced today the company is expanding access to its products in the Middle East with the signing of an agreement with the Neuro Spinal Hospital (NSH) in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, for the acquisition of one CyberKnife® M6™ System and one Radixact™ System. The deal was entered into backlog during Accuray's fourth fiscal quarter which ended June 30, 2017.
CyberKnife M6 System Benefits
The CyberKnife M6 System will be primarily used by the hospital to treat neurological indications such as arteriovenous malformations and trigeminal neuralgia, and secondarily for extracranial cases such as prostate, lung and spine.
- The System offers patients a non-invasive alternative to surgery, and can be used for both benign and malignant brain tumors that are considered inoperable because of their location in the head, for those patients who cannot undergo brain surgery due to their poor medical condition, or for those who refuse surgery. The CyberKnife System is used to treat complicated neurosurgical cases while maximally sparing brain tissues involved in important functions such as hearing, vision, and cognition.
- The System has been proven to deliver radiation to fixed and moving targets with sub-millimeter precision while avoiding surrounding healthy tissue, resulting in fewer side effects and a better quality of life for patients.
- The CyberKnife M6 System with the InCise™ Multileaf Collimator includes functionalities designed to reduce treatment delivery times for stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) and stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) treatments.
The Radixact System will be used to treat breast, head and neck, spine, as well as total marrow irradiation.
- In combination with the Accuray Precision™ Treatment Planning System and the iDMS™ Data Management System, the Radixact technology is designed to meet the highest standards of care today and for the years to come.
- The System delivers leading edge, advanced radiation treatment faster, reducing the time of each individual session and enabling clinicians to treat more patients every day.
- Its unmatched flexibility enables clinicians to treat a wider range of cancer cases, from routine to complex, with higher precision, and increased treatment efficiency.
- It is so precise that, should the cancer re-occur, the patient can be re-treated on the Radixact™ System.
Important Safety Information
For Important Safety Information please refer to http://www.accuray.com/safety-statement
About Neuro Spinal Hospital
Dedicated to making quality healthcare available to patients in the region, Neuro Spinal Hospital was established in 2002 as the first specialized neuroscience hospital. For more than a decade, it has been internationally recognized as a center of excellence and referral for neurosurgical, spinal and neurological treatments. It will now also provide advanced radiotherapy and radiosurgery treatments.
Accuray Incorporated (Nasdaq: ARAY) is a radiation oncology company that develops, manufactures, and sells precise, innovative tumor treatment solutions that set the standard of care with the aim of helping patients live longer, better lives. The company's leading-edge technologies deliver the full range of radiation therapy and radiosurgery treatments. For more information, please visit www.accuray.com
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements made in this press release that are not statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements and are subject to the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements in this press release relate, but are not limited, to clinical applications, clinical results, patient outcomes, and Accuray's leadership position in radiation oncology innovation and technologies. Forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations, including but not limited to the risks detailed from time to time under the heading "Risk Factors" in the company's report on Form 10-K, filed on August 24, 2016, the company's reports on Form 10-Q, filed on November 1, 2016, February 3, 2017, and May 5, 2017, and as updated periodically with the company's other filings with the SEC.
Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date the statements are made and are based on information available to the company at the time those statements are made and/or management's good faith belief as of that time with respect to future events. The company assumes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect actual performance or results, changes in assumptions or changes in other factors affecting forward-looking information, except to the extent required by applicable securities laws. Accordingly, investors should not put undue reliance on any forward-looking statements.
Issuer of this News Release is solely responsible for its
Please address inquiries directly to the issuing company.
Related News ItemsTrial Data Indicates Targeted, Short Course Radiation Therapy Preserves Urinary Continence and Sexual Function Better Than Surgery in Men With Prostate Cancer
Oscar Lambret Center in France Installs Second Accuray Radixact(R) System, the Hospital's Fifth Accuray Radiation Therapy Delivery System
New Reimbursement Approved by the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare for the Accuray CyberKnife(R) System to Treat Trigeminal Neuralgia, a Condition Often Causing Severe Facial Pain