Healthcare Industry News: Voyager Therapeutics
News Release - October 16, 2017
Sigilon Therapeutics Introduces Scientific Advisory Board for Guiding Development of Afibromer(TM) Living TherapeuticsCAMBRIDGE, Mass., Oct. 16, 2017 -- (Healthcare Sales & Marketing Network) -- Sigilon Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company that discovers and develops immune-privileged living therapeutic implants, today announced the formation of a scientific advisory board (SAB) to guide the development of therapeutics based on proprietary engineered cell lines and Afibromerô biomaterials technology. Accomplished researchers in academia and known for their leadership within the biopharmaceutical industry, the SAB members are:
- Robert Langer, Sc.D., (chair) David H. Koch Institute Professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, founding member of more than 25 biotechnology companies and recipient of the U.S. National Medal of Science and the U.S. National Medal of Technology
- Constance Cepko, Ph.D., Bullard Professor of Genetics and Neuroscience, Professor of Ophthalmology at Harvard Medical School, member of the National Academy of Sciences and Investigator of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Diane Jorkasky, M.D., Chief Medical Officer and Head of Development at Complexa Therapeutics
- Mark Kay, M.D., Ph.D., Dennis Farrey Family Professor in Pediatrics and Professor of Genetics at Stanford University, scientific founder of Voyager Therapeutics and LogicBio Therapeutics and former President of the American Society for Gene Therapy
- Gary Stiles, M.D., former Head of Research and Development at Purdue Pharma and former Chief Medical Officer of Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
- Daniel Anderson, Ph.D Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering and of the Institute for Medical Engineering and Science at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Founder of Crispr Therapeutics, Sigilon, Living Proof, and several other Biotechnology companies.
Paul Wotton, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer of Sigilon Therapeutics, said: "The caliber of our scientific advisory board reflects the promise of our approach for patients who struggle with current methods of protein delivery. Long-term, controllable protein delivery by production from our engineered cells within Afibromer implants has the potential to provide better disease control and free patients from the symptoms of disease across a broad range of serious, chronic conditions."
About Sigilon Therapeutics
Sigilon Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers and develops immune-privileged living therapeutic implants for the treatment of chronic diseases. Treatments based on Sigilon Therapeutics' technology platform include cell implants that act as responsive "living therapeutics," providing more natural control for diseases that are currently treated with intermittent injection or infusion. Initial areas of focus include hematologic, enzyme deficiency, endocrine and metabolic disorders. More natural control would restore health and free patients from the need for therapies that are disruptive to quality of life.
Source: Sigilon Therapeutics
Issuer of this News Release is solely responsible for its
Please address inquiries directly to the issuing company.