Healthcare Industry News: MolecuLight i:X
News Release - October 4, 2019
Results from Clinical Studies using MolecuLight i:X(R) Fluorescence Imaging System Featured Prominently at the Wounds Canada 2019 Annual ConferencePoint-of-Care Fluorescence Imaging for Chronic Wounds and its Significant Clinical Benefits are Featured at the Largest Canadian Wound Care Conference in 5 Clinical Talks and Posters
NIAGARA FALLS, ON and TORONTO, Oct. 4, 2019 -- (Healthcare Sales & Marketing Network) - MolecuLight Inc., the world's leader in handheld fluorescence imaging for real-time visualization of bacteria for chronic wounds, and its i:X point-of-care fluorescence imaging device are featured prominently at the Wounds Canada 2019 Annual Conference. The conference, which is the largest Canadian wound care clinical conference, is being held in Niagara Falls, ON from Oct. 4 – 6, 2019.
The five clinical presentations citing the MolecuLight i:X fluorescence imaging device are:
- "A prospective multi-site observational study incorporating bacterial fluorescence information into the UPPER/LOWER infection checklists" Rosemary Hill and Kevin Woo (Abstract #0012, Oct. 4 @ 10:10 am – 11:40 am)
- "Bacterial fluorescence image guidance of antimicrobial decision-making and stewardship: A 350-patient multi-site clinical trial" Thomas Serena et al. (Abstract #0030, Oct. 4 @ 2:40 pm – 4:10 pm)
- "In vivo and in vitro detection of porphyrin-producing wound pathogens, planktonic and in biofilm, with real-time bacterial fluorescence imaging" Laura M. Jones, Allie C. Smith et al. (Abstract #0032, Oct. 5 @ 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm)
- "Routine assessment of chronic wounds can efficiently incorporate wound size and bacterial fluorescence information with a point-of-care imaging device" Laura M. Jones, Ron Linden et al. (Abstract #0031, Oct. 5 @ 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm)
- "Wound assessment paradigm shift: a 350-patient multi-site clinical trial incorporating bacterial fluorescence imaging into standard of care" Thomas Serena et al. (Abstract #0034, Oct. 5 @ 4:15 pm – 5:45 pm)
About MolecuLight Inc.
MolecuLight Inc. (www.moleculight.com) is a privately owned Canadian medical imaging company that has developed and is commercializing its proprietary fluorescent imaging platform technology in multiple clinical and commercial markets. MolecuLight's initial product and accessories, the MolecuLight i:X®, delivers a real-time handheld fluorescence imaging solution for the global wound care market. It provides clinicians with new information about the fluorescent characteristics of wounds to assist clinicians in making improved diagnostic and treatment decisions. The company is also commercializing its unique fluorescence imaging platform technology for other markets with globally relevant unmet needs including food safety, consumer cosmetics and other key industrial markets.
Issuer of this News Release is solely responsible for its
Please address inquiries directly to the issuing company.