Healthcare Industry News: Allergan
News Release - April 1, 2021
SkinMedica(R) Launches Neck Correct Cream for Neck and DécolletéRevolutionary, Clinically Proven Product Addresses Multi-Factorial Causes & Symptoms of Neck Aging
IRVINE, Calif., April 1, 2021 -- (Healthcare Sales & Marketing Network) -- Today, Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie company (NYSE: ABBV), announces the launch of SkinMedica® Neck Correct Cream, the first product from the professional-grade skincare line formulated to address the specific biology of the skin on the neck and décolleté area. SkinMedica® Neck Correct Cream was designed to prevent the early signs as well as treat the visible appearance of moderate to severe neck aging. It is clinically proven to firm and tighten the look of crepey skin, prevent and reduce the look of sagging, smooth deep lines and wrinkles and enhance skin tone evenness.1
"The neck and décolleté area are extensions of the face but require a totally different treatment plan due to the unique biology of the neck skin," says Colleen McKenna, Vice President of Facial Aesthetics & SkinMedica® Marketing, Allergan Aesthetics. "Neck wrinkles are five times deeper than wrinkles on the cheeks, while sagging of the neck skin is more severe than any other part of the body. The skin of the neck is also thinner, similar to the skin on eyelids.2 When designing the SkinMedica® Neck Correct Cream, it was imperative for our R&D team to address these concerns with a multi-modal approach and develop a product with cutting edge ingredients, a cosmetically elegant texture and clinically-proven performance."
The SkinMedica® Neck Correct Cream will launch with a digital-led campaign, #SmoothTheWay to showcase the product's performance and honor those who have smoothed the way for brighter futures for others. The team at SkinMedica® and Allergan Aesthetics acknowledges that it is a luxury to be able to use your voice for good, to break barriers and stick your neck out to better society.
With more than two decades of excellence in innovation, SkinMedica® continues to rely on research to formulate the most advanced and innovative skincare products that deliver strong, efficacious results. The SkinMedica® Neck Correct Cream has a luxurious formula of power-house peptides, antioxidants and active botanical extracts uniquely designed to target the biological pathways specific to neck aging which include:1
- Dermal Thickness & Skin Elasticity- Rice Protein, Shitake Mushroom Extract, Green Microalgae Extract, Lemon Balm Extract and Peptides
- Support extracellular matrix proteins, including collagen and elastin
- Platysma Muscle- Paracress Extract
- Helps reduce the appearance of platysmal bands
- Free Radical Damage- Knotgrass Extract & Dunaliella Salina Extract
- Protects skin from free radicals
In clinical studies1, significant improvements were found in the visible signs of neck aging, and SkinMedica® Neck Correct Cream users reported the following:
- At week 4, there were significant improvements in the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, crepiness and roughness.
- At week 8, there were significant improvements in the appearance of laxity, sagging, skin tone evenness, radiance and visible roughness.
- At week 12, on the Neck: n=42
- 98% reported it made their skin feel smoother
- 93% reported overall satisfaction with the look of their neck
- 88% reported it improved the texture of their skin
- 86% reported it improved the overall health and look of their neck
- At week 12, on the Décolleté: n=42
- 98% reported it made their skin smoother and softer
- 93% reported improved smoothness of skin
About Allergan Aesthetics
At Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie company, we develop, manufacture, and market a portfolio of leading aesthetics brands and products. Our aesthetics portfolio includes facial injectables, body contouring, plastics, skin care, and more. Our goal is to consistently provide our customers with innovation, education, exceptional service, and a commitment to excellence, all with a personal touch. For more information, visit www.AllerganAesthetics.com.
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
SkinMedica® IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
The SkinMedica® product described here is intended to meet the FDA's de?nition of a cosmetic product, an article applied to the human body to cleanse, beautify, promote attractiveness, and alter appearances. This SkinMedica® product is not intended to be a drug product that diagnoses, treats, cures or prevents any disease or condition. This product has not been approved by the FDA and the statements on these pages have not been evaluated by the FDA.
For more information, please talk to your provider or visit SkinMedica.com. To report an adverse reaction, please call Allergan at 1-800-433-8871.
- Data on file at SkinMedica®
- Kim E, Cho G, Won NG, Cho J. Age-related changes in skin bio-mechanical properties: the neck skin compared with the cheek and forearm skin in Korean females. Skin Res Technol. 2013;19(3):236-241.
Issuer of this News Release is solely responsible for its
Please address inquiries directly to the issuing company.
Related News ItemsAbbVie and REGENXBIO Announce Eye Care Collaboration
European Commission Approves RINVOQ(R) (upadacitinib) as First JAK Inhibitor in the European Union for the Treatment of Both Adults and Adolescents with Moderate to Severe Atopic Dermatitis
SKYRIZI(R) (risankizumab-rzaa) Now Available in the U.S. as a Single 150 mg Injection for Adults with Moderate to Severe Plaque Psoriasis