Healthcare Industry News: HSMN NewsFeed
News Release - September 19, 2017
Varian to Showcase Latest Technologies and Software for Advanced Cancer Care at ASTRO 2017PALO ALTO, Calif., Sept. 19, 2017 -- (Healthcare Sales & Marketing Network) -- Varian Medical Systems (NYSE: VAR) today announced it will be demonstrating its new Halcyon™ platform for simplifying and enhancing virtually every aspect of image-guided volumetric intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT), and HyperArc™ high-definition radiotherapy (HDRT), an advanced type of radiosurgery treatment, September 24-27 in San Diego, CA at the 2017 American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) Annual Meeting, booth 717. The company also will be hosting its Users Meeting on Saturday, September 23 prior to the ASTRO meeting.
In addition to Halcyon and HyperArc, Varian will showcase these solutions for simplifying and increasing access to advanced cancer care:
- Eclipse™ 15.5 featuring treatment planning for HyperArc HDRT, RapidPlan™ knowledge-based planning, Multi-Criteria Optimization (MCO), plus fast optimization and dose calculation
- Iterative CBCT on the TrueBeam® platform, which produces exceptionally high quality images for better visualization of soft tissue structures
- ProBeam® proton therapy, configurable as single- or multi-room solutions featuring gantries that rotate a full 360 degrees, RapidScan™ high-speed pencil-beam scanning for single-breath-hold lung SBPT and iterative CBCT for enhanced soft tissue resolution
- Varian Marketplace™, a digital marketplace for Varian and customer apps and software product extensions to solve real-world clinical and operational problems
- Early experience with the Halcyon system
- Multicriteria optimization and high-performance computing
- Using 360 Oncology™ care management to make multidisciplinary tumor boards smarter and more efficient
- Robust planning for proton therapy using the Eclipse system
- Multi-modality imaging in treatment planning, delivery, and response assessment
- First clinical impressions of HyperArc for treating brain metastases
ASTRO is September 24– 27, 2017. The exhibition is open from 10:00am to 5:00pm Sunday through Tuesday.
San Diego Convention Center
Booth # 717
San Diego, CA
About Varian Medical Systems
Varian Medical Systems focuses energy on saving lives and is the world's leading manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating and managing cancer. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, Varian employs approximately 6,600 people around the world. For more information, visit http://www.varian.com and follow @VarianMedSys on Twitter.
Source: Varian Medical Systems
Issuer of this News Release is solely responsible for its
Please address inquiries directly to the issuing company.