Getting Started in Medical Sales 

Welcome to the HSMN Message Boards!
Please refrain from posting offensive messages as well as commercial advertising, solicitation and recruiting - such messages will be deleted by the forum moderators. Note: Posting a new thread requires HSMN membership; non-members may post replies to the original poster (OP) on existing threads.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: ForumsTopic ListPost New TopicLog In
Do YOU need help getting into the med or pharma industry?
Posted by: Scott (Host IP Logged)
Date: December 01, 2004 02:03PM

Trying to break into medical devices or pharmaceuticals Industry? I broke into the pharmaceutical industry at the age of 22 with no experience. Less than one year later, I was working for a Fortune 500 Medical Company. A year and a half later, I was selling high speed drill systems to Orthopedic and Neurosurgeons in the Operating Room. Let me provide you with a couple of documents that I have helped over 50 friends and referrals find jobs in the past 9 months. I will also include a list of over 260 medical company contacts, medical recruiter contacts, and pharmaceutical manager contacts along with:

1. Ways to dig up information from the online job boards.
2. Ways to get responses from resume submissions.
3. Ways to separate yourself from other candidates.
4. Ways to overcome those objections holding you back.
5. Ways to prove that your the best candidate for the opportunity.
6. The difference between medical and pharmaceutical industries.

If you are serious about getting into the industry, let me prove it to you. Email me at RayloMedical@yahoo.com

Re: Do YOU need help getting into the med or pharma industry?
Posted by: Gary H. (Host IP Logged)
Date: December 01, 2004 08:22PM

Scott,

Let me assure you that the career path which you described about yourself certainly IS NOT the norm. I believe you have mentioned this before, however you failed to answer my questions at that time ie. What did the fortune 500 medical company see as your strengths in pharma??? . You were not in Pharma very long! ( Less then 12 months!!! ) What did the ortho-neuro company see as your strenghts with the fortune 500 medical company??????? (You were only there for 18 months!) Why are you not a CEO or chairman of a major medical manufacturer at this time??

There are only three (3) possibilities that could have taken place.

1) you were recruited out of college with pharma company.
2) you were VERY lucky after that for your next position.
3) you knew someone that was strategically placed at your 2nd and 3rd position.

It is just that plain simple. There is not much else to discuss.

Posted by: Lewis (Host IP Logged)
Date: December 01, 2004 09:45PM

I can't wait for the book to come out.

Date: December 01, 2004 09:59PM

Scott,

How much will you be charging for your career development, coaching, and interviewing techniques. Will the book be available in Borders and Barnes and Noble?
Kindly advise.

Date: December 02, 2004 12:07PM

Gary,

Email me sometime so I can make you successful since you have yet to do so on your own. Obviously you are yet to break into either since you are so disgruntled about your current status, you must down play those who are. Best of luck, but I am sure you will lack the personal ability to get that far.

Date: December 02, 2004 06:57PM

Scott,

As I said there is not much else to discuss. I have been in medical sales for MANY years. I told you that you fall under one of those 3 possibilities that I mentioned above.
Period period paragraph

I know you are an independent selling bath safety equip., tens units, pain (whatever) and your impressive (to you) high speed drills.

Why are you looking for additional lines to rep in Ohio on this site?? Especially since you t h i n k
you are a hotshot since age 22. The manufacturers obviously ARE NOT knocking on your doorstop.

Please do not bother to respond. Period period

Posted by: Ryan Mulcahy (Host IP Logged)
Date: December 02, 2004 07:14PM

--BUSTED!!! ha ha

Posted by: Gary. H. (Host IP Logged)
Date: December 02, 2004 07:29PM

you proved me corect. A B S O L U T E L Y nothing else to discuss. Go sell some commodes and grab bars and don't fall in.

Posted by: Jeff (Host IP Logged)
Date: December 02, 2004 07:31PM

Massive helpings of fiber for everyone! Sheesh.

Date: December 02, 2004 07:34PM

Ryan,

I'm sorry. I thought you were hot shot Scott responding. I know you are to modest to be like Scott. Talk to you soon.

Gary

Posted by: Ron G. (Host IP Logged)
Date: December 03, 2004 12:02PM

Seems like both those ####'s (Gary and Ryan) have too much time on their hands. I commend your efforts Scott. You probably make twice as much as they do anyway.

Date: December 03, 2004 12:07PM

Gary,

Unfortunately your poor observations of how I got to where I am today are far from correct. First of all, I don't know why I am even responding to someone who obviously has no class or dignity. Hope to see you at the ortho show in D.C. the first week of February.

Date: December 03, 2004 05:55PM

Scottie,

Does your manufacturer of patient bathing systems have a booth at the AAOS meeting in DC in Febuary?
Apparently, I hit a real sore spot with you , since you felt the need to reply. I'm terribly sorry.

Ron G. " You are apparently unconscious and clueless"

Date: December 03, 2004 06:05PM

Scottie,

I noticed that Ronny G. was using your computer. Are you twin brothers?